ShapeShift is the leading non-custodial digital asset platform, serving hundreds of thousands of customers across the world. Since 2014, ShapeShift has pioneered a new era of digital finance, earning a place as one of the most beloved and respected brands in a booming and volatile new industry. The company recently launched its new platform at beta.ShapeShift.com and is now leveraging its resources toward aggressive growth.
Led by industry veteran Erik Voorhees, the company is seeking out the best new team members to further scale the organization and maintain leadership while the phenomenon of decentralized digital finance expands around the globe. As part of this growing team, ShapeShift is looking to hire the role of Senior Marketing Manager – Demand Generation.
ShapeShift is seeking a Senior Marketing Manager – Demand Generation to drive our global demand generation strategy for the ShapeShift platform its products across all marketing channels. The Sr. Marketing Manager will build and implement a global demand generation strategy to attract new retail crypto investors (B2C) and champion the customer buyer’s journey. The ideal candidate will possess a strong digital marketing understanding, deep integrated marketing campaign experience, excellent analytical acumen and a passion for championing the customer experience. This position offers a unique opportunity to join an innovative marketing team in a growing start-up with global impact.
This is a full-time, exempt position, based in Denver, Colorado and reports to the Vice President of Marketing.
Your desire to make a real impact on an organization and the world grows by the day. The ideal candidate will be open to daily changes in workflow and protocol (and force us to improve workflows). As a start-up in an evolving space, there are new challenges that require new solutions every day.
GOALS OF POSITION
- Develop the demand generation strategy across all distribution channels including opportunity analysis, revenue goals, channel mix, target setting, etc.
- Drive a strong agile campaign rhythm to drive new members to the ShapeShift Platform across personas and geos.
- Develop, implement, and manage demand generation strategies for the ShapeShift platform and the KeepKey hardware wallet.
- Champion the customer experience and journey in the acquisition lifecycle stage.
- Plan, execute, and measure direct response campaigns using Autopilot.
- Collaborate with social & influencer channel manager, product managers and technical leads as well as other stakeholders including day-to-day contact, status meetings, and campaign communications/performance updates.
- Manage creative campaign copy, collaborating with internal stakeholders and agencies.
- Manage review cycles with key stakeholders such as management, product marketing, legal, and marketing communications.
- Manage project and content for demand generation including language, cultural and geopolitical localization as appropriate.
- Monitor campaign performance and recommend strategies to address areas for improvement across all channels.
- Manage a budget and report on budget vs. actual expenses, return on spend, and cost per acquisition.
- Work with team to ensure lead generation and customer marketing funnel activities are successful.
- Coordinate with key business stakeholders to align marketing activities to fulfillment processes.
- Prepare and present daily and weekly results. Present monthly, bi-yearly reviews of customer marketing activities and business impact.
SUCCESS METRICS OF POSITION
- Drive new members to our platform
- Increase overall website traffic volumes
- Effectively track CPA, CPC
- Integrated campaign ROI
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 10 or more years of experience in marketing with strong demand generation marketing experience ideally within a B2C organization
- Strategic marketing leadership experience with budget management
- Experience with digital marketing and tracking, lead generation, and lead nurturing programs
- Practitioner level knowledge of Google AdWords, Google Analytics and/or Bing Ads
- Experience strategizing, planning, and implementing integrated marketing communications programs
- Strong project management skills. Experience managing campaign execution from strategy to planning to execution to reporting/refining
- Vendor/agency management experience
- Ability to drive results through multiple cross-group layers
- Ability to creatively solve complex problems
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 8 or more years of experience in marketing with strong demand generation marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree
- International marketing experience
- Cryptocurrency or financial services experience
15% domestic/international travel
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle or feel controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
ShapeShift is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.