Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1800 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the role
Do you want to change the world? Kraken is a market leader in one of the most innovative and fastest growing industries on the planet. As a Senior Writer you will have the opportunity to shape the future of our brand and our company. This role will have leadership opportunity and responsibility to elevate our content across geographies, customer types and channels. You will have oversight and responsibility for executing on our content strategy and plans. You bring experience writing content for various mediums, a skillset you can leverage at a cutting-edge company at the intersection of technology and financial services, and knowledge of the crypto ecosystem. You’ll have at your disposal a range of resources that you can leverage to craft top-notch content.
Note: This role will be based in Europe in a remote capacity.
- Manage the creation of a variety of content, from educational-thought leadership content to product announcement blogs, all for a global client base
- Responsible for careful editing of any content created
- See through all content from ideation to execution ensuring all necessary stakeholders have reviewed and approved
- Ensure consistency in tone of voice and messaging across all content; ensure accuracy, relevance, quality, and purpose
- Ensure type of content and writing style matches the target audience. For example, technical copy vs. marketing copy…if marketing copy, make sure it’s easily digestible and to the point.
- Define & track content KPIs to refine execution of content strategy and demonstrate data-driven strategies and growth
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization including communications, design, product & growth marketing, and account management to ensure key messages are aligned with client experience
- 5+ years experience in content generation for a public-facing company in the financial services, tech or fintech space
- Knowledge and understanding of cryptocurrency markets, ecosystem and ethos is a must
- Experience with marketing to B2B and B2C marketplaces, across a variety of channels
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills across a range of mediums including social media
- Expert-level editing skills and experience following the Associated Press style guide
- Experience with WordPress and/or Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally across teams for seamless execution of global content strategy
- Ability to manage multiple projects with different stakeholders and competing deadlines
- Creativity; ability to generate unique, differentiated content and messaging
- Self-starter with the ability and motivation to drive projects from inception to completion
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, growth-focused and remote environment
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.