OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #4 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City or San Francisco for the majority of our opportunities.
Looking for a data-driven SEO expert to build and scale OpenSea’s organic search program. This role will be responsible for developing the search engine optimization strategy, measurement, tracking, and automation. You will need to partner and work closely with members across the organization, including Data Science, Product, and Engineering. Furthermore, this person will need excellent prioritization and communication skills to manage stakeholders and hit key metrics.
- Lead the development, execution, and strategy of OpenSea’s SEO program
- Frequently report on performance and progress against KPIs such as rank, traffic, backlinks, etc.
- Partner cross-functionally with analytics, product, and engineering to unlock opportunities and implement best practices across the organization
- Ensure OpenSea stays ahead of the industry and implements new tactics and strategies as best practices evolve
- Are data-driven in the extreme
- At least 7 years of experience managing and building SEO programs and teams
- Use data to provide actionable insights and drive toward the best possible outcome
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence (EQ), and the ability to persuade/drive alignment among differing perspectives
- Thrive in collaborative cultures and work cross-functionally with BD, Product, Legal, Finance, and Design to launch successful partnerships
- Build strong relationships and have experience doing so with both technical and non-technical audiences
- A plus, if you have experience and/or are passionate in eCommerce and/or the blockchain