We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As an Art Director in Coinbase’s Creative Studio, you are at the forefront of the most dynamic space in creative marketing. The team operates at the intersection of crypto, web3, art, culture, community, technology, and finance. Reporting to the Director, Social Creative, your remit is to embrace every opportunity to define, refine, reinvent, and introduce the Coinbase brand and our products to the world. You’ll be at the center of the action, both solving specific briefs and delivering proactive ideas – in both cases you’ll be hands-on with the work, prototyping your thinking in a work culture that embraces ideas and creativity over decks and consensus.
The social creative team will operate as a dedicated and purpose built creative great, partnered with the social marketing team to develop and deliver industry-leading creative across our global social platforms. This team will work closely together to concept and produce timely, engaging work that breaks the rules of branding. You’ll pair leadership and management skills with hands-on creative craft, producing most of your ideas with a growing team of social creative experts.
You will collaborate deeply with cross-functional peers in Marketing, Product, Design, and Business Development to bring our brand and products to life around the world. Your work will help artfully articulate the vision for the future crypto economy, and thoughtfully show how our products are differentiated from the competition. You’ll bring to the table a deep understanding of social platforms, audiences, and trends to make work that strikes a nerve. To do all of this well you’ll be teacher and student simultaneously, learning the evolving nuances of web3 and crypto, educating people on the principles of the technologies the community is building, and connecting our vision for increased economic freedom to the everyday lives of people all over the world.
Above all, you will lead by example by making the most of every opportunity to develop breakthrough creative, and to contribute your creative skills to the establishment of a new global industry.
What you’ll be doing
- Create industry-leading social creative work in collaboration with social marketing partners and our broader internal creative studio.
- Dream something up and make it real with hands-on creative development and production skills.
- Develop and foster creative & influencer partnerships of all kinds and lead to breakthrough work.
- Mentor developing talent, set a high bar for creative excellence, contribute to a creative culture that people want to join.
- Jump on every opportunity to refine, evolve, and grow the brand.
What we look for
- 6+ years experience in high functioning, creatively excellent social creative teams, ideally both in-house at a tech brand, and agency-side working on top tier brands.
- Awards, accolades, and a portfolio full of visionary work, along with a humble approach to doing the work that balances the accolades.
- A strategic point of view matched with proven hands-on creative craft.
- The instinct to grab a camera and show your thinking over creating a presentation.
- A digitally native, social-forward approach to brand building with a clear point of view on how to reach the next generation of investors.
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $127,075 to $149,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).