Ripple is a mission-driven company, with a goal of making global financial systems more efficient, accessible, affordable and sustainable for everyone everywhere.
Through both its core products and innovative corporate social impact programs, Ripple is accelerating and expanding financial inclusion globally, creating efficiencies for financial institutions and businesses and greater economic fairness and opportunity for all, particularly among underserved and unbanked populations. Ripple is also at the forefront of ensuring blockchain and cryptocurrency are sustainable technologies, championing net zero emissions and 100% renewable energy use industry wide. Ripple works closely with leading universities around the world to amplify its financial inclusion and sustainability efforts, to advance adoption and innovation in blockchain, cryptocurrency and related technologies, and to ensure the future fintech workforce is increasingly diverse and inclusive.
Ripple is deepening its commitment to social impact and we’re growing the Ripple Impact team. As Ripple Impact Program Manager, you will play a vital role in building Ripple’s for-good programs. You will help ensure Ripple employees are fully engaged in giving, volunteering and high-impact special projects. You will also help extend the real-world impact of Ripple’s products by working closely with internal teams and external customers and partners, including more than 40 universities worldwide.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with the Senior Director of Social Impact & Sustainability to manage and grow Ripple’s corporate social impact programs globally, including employee engagement, university partnerships, financial inclusion and sustainability
- Work across Ripple’s teams to identify and pursue opportunities to leverage Ripple’s core products and network to advance financial inclusion and sustainability globally
- Work with Ripple’s Director of University Partnerships to ensure the University Blockchain Research Network (UBRI) continues to be a global leader in blockchain and crypto research and innovation
- Work with the Senior Director of Social Impact & Sustainability to manage and grow Ripple’s employee giving and volunteering programs for all Ripple offices globally
- Track and report on employee giving and volunteering metrics; plan and execute initiatives to ensure participation and utilization goals are met or exceeded
- Liaise with the head of Diversity and Inclusion to ensure employee engagement programs are delivered with an emphasis on inclusion and equity; serve as a key internal partner for Ripple’s D&I’s efforts
- Work with Ripple’s product and technical teams to identify and pursue opportunities to apply Ripple’s core products and network to advance financial inclusion
- Help manage Ripple’s primary partnerships and collaborations with NGOs, foundations and industry partners to accelerate and expand financial inclusion globally, including pilots and R&D, impact investments and research and knowledge sharing
- Work with internal teams and external research partners to measure the efficacy of Ripple’s financial inclusion initiatives and to share learnings and best practices with key stakeholder audiences
Education / University Partnerships
- Work with the Director of University Partnerships to grow and develop Ripple’s university partnerships program, the University Blockchain Research Initiative (UBRI)
- Help organize and coordinate requests for research collaboration from university partners and help organize and execute UBRI’s annual conference and other, smaller events, as needed
- Work with both university partners and internal partners (eg, HR, People, Recruiting, D&I) to identify and attract diverse candidates for internships and open positions at Ripple
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years experience working as a manager (or in a more senior role) in corporate social impact / CSR, product management or comparable role, preferably in the tech sector
- Experience managing employee giving and volunteering programs, including employee giving software vendors
- Good understanding of the financial services and/or fintech sectors; familiarity with or experience in blockchain and cryptocurrency a plus
- Additional subject matter expertise in one or more of the following thematic areas:
- Financial inclusion / poverty alleviation
- Corporate-university partnerships / higher education
- Diversity and inclusion, especially in the tech sector
- Experience working with engineers and technical product managers
- Familiarity or direct experience with nonprofits and the nonprofit sector
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proven and highly effective collaborator
- Significant experience managing external partnerships
- Exceptional ability to identify, capture and synthesize data
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.