The social media manager will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing social media campaigns and community growth strategies within timelines set out by the C-level management and head of marketing. You will also monitor and present project updates and reports to the senior team and the wider marketing team. Your work will be to support the growth and execution of the marketing strategy. You will be expected to also work to support ongoing operational marketing for the launch of new products and ensure maximum visibility throughout all our social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Linkedin, Instagram and Telegram.
You will be expected to regularly review the efficiency of campaigns and discover new ways to optimise their growth. You will also be expected to understand the latest trends within the market.
Currently looking for:
Social Media Manager (Remote)
- Develop and implement social strategies that drive community engagement and increase Bitfinex brand awareness and user acquisition.
- Conceptualize, categorize, visualize, edit and execute every piece of social content that goes out.
- Create and manage social distribution plans and schedules that align with wider marketing and business efforts.
- Define and track key performance indicators and use these to report on your strategies and campaigns to the rest of the team and management.
- Put our community first, always. Make a positive impact in the hearts of our direct supporters and the larger community. Develop our social customer care strategy in partnership with our support team.
- Create synergies with the PR team to initiate joint projects which feature a high integration of social.
- Network with industry professionals and influencers through social media outreach and leverage these relationships to benefit our PR and marketing efforts.
- Work with our product team to surface valuable customer feedback which can inform new product developments.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product development teams to create social ‘buzz’ regarding new product launches.
- 3-5 years of work experience in social media management and/or strategy in technology, finance or media.
- Demonstrated self-starter, with the ability to work in a team environment with minimal oversight.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal (only applications in English will be accepted).
- Experience prioritizing tasks, managing deadlines, adapting with changing priorities, and balancing short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Proven ability to work in multidisciplinary teams with copywriters, designers, customer support, product managers, etc.
- Ability to deal with negative sentiment diplomatically, and convert detractors to supporters.
- Ability to use data to communicate and report how social goals, strategy and results, and how these relate to wider business aims.
- Ability to work with visuals, simple gifs, PS assets, videos, etc.