Who are we?
Audius is a digital streaming service that connects fans directly with artists and exclusive new music.
It does this by being fully decentralized: Audius is owned and run by a vibrant, open-source community of artists, fans, and developers all around the world. Audius gives artists the power to share never-before-heard music and monetize streams directly. Developers can freely build their own apps on top of Audius, giving them access to one of the most unique audio catalogs in existence.
Backed by an all-star team of investors, Audius was founded in 2018 and serves over 6 million users every month, making it the largest non-financial crypto application ever built.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for passionate team-players to help us architect and build the most difficult parts of the Audius product suite (web, mobile, desktop, client libraries and APIs). You are a collaborative, team-oriented engineer who enjoys working with a small group to solve big problems that need innovative solutions. You’re eager to jump into whichever piece of the tech stack is relevant to your work and have strong CS fundamentals to do so. We solve a lot of problems that can’t be easily Googled or searched on StackOverflow.
Audius is a 30-person team of entrepreneurs, engineers, music industry professionals, and blockchain experts. Our benefits include unlimited PTO, high quality paid medical insurance, FSA, 401k, yearly learning stipend, equipment stipend and a home office setup credit. We also have monthly concert stipends, wellness benefits, team activities, and bi-annual in-person get-togethers.
Our company is fully remote and our team is currently distributed across the United States.
Our Tech Stack
What you’ll do here
- Build and ship the next generation of music streaming features across web, mobile, and desktop
- Work closely with Product and Design to craft engaging, pixel-perfect experiences for artists and listeners
- Own features end-to-end through design handoff, development, testing and deployment in a full-stack manner
We would love to chat if you have
- Extensive experience shipping significant user-facing features from start to finish
- Solid computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, code fluency, etc.)
- Experience with React or similar frameworks and proficiency in HTML + CSS
- Experience engineering features that span both the frontend and backend stacks
- Solid conceptual understanding of full stack software development including system architecture, web serving infrastructure, and database design
- Great interpersonal and communication skills and comfort working within a small team
- Familiarity with version control and agile software development methodologies
- Experience working with designers
If this role speaks to you, but your previous experience doesn’t match the job description, please consider applying anyways! We’re looking for smart and capable software engineers and highly value the ability to grow in your role. You might be the perfect fit!
Additional Information: The US base salary range for this full-time position is $120,000-$170,000 + equity & benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role & level. Each job listing’s range is determined by factors such as job-related skills, experience, education, and training. The hiring manager for a role can share more details regarding the specifics of compensation. Compensation details in our postings reflect base salary not equity, benefits, or perks.