Audius is a digital streaming service that connects fans directly with artists and exclusive new music.
It does this by being fully decentralized: Audius is owned and run by a vibrant, open-source community of artists, fans, and developers all around the world. Audius gives artists the power to share never-before-heard music and monetize streams directly. Developers can freely build their own apps on top of Audius, giving them access to one of the most unique audio catalogs in existence.
Backed by an all-star team of investors, Audius was founded in 2018 and serves over 6 million users every month, making it the largest non-financial crypto application ever built.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for passionate team-players to help us architect and build the most difficult parts of the Audius protocol (high availability services for decentralized replication of data, latency-sensitive distributed file transfers, Ethereum smart contracts, infrastructure and tooling for third parties to run our open source services). You are a collaborative engineer who enjoys working with a small team to solve big problems that need innovative solutions. You’re eager to jump into multiple parts of our tech stack and have strong CS fundamentals to do so. We solve a lot of problems that can’t be easily Googled or searched on StackOverflow.
Audius is a 30-person team of entrepreneurs, engineers, music industry professionals, and blockchain experts. Our benefits include unlimited PTO, high quality paid medical insurance, FSA, 401k, yearly learning stipend, equipment stipend and a home office setup credit. We also have monthly concert stipends, wellness benefits, team activities, and bi-annual in-person get-togethers.
Our company is fully remote and our team is currently distributed across the United States.
Our Tech Stack
What you’ll do here
- Help design, architect, build, deploy and maintain code and services for the Audius protocol (distributed systems, cryptography, APIs, blockchain, and data storage)
- Perform thoughtful architecture and code reviews
- Own features end-to-end including release plans, monitoring, and incident/bug triage
We would love to chat if you have
- Strong shell scripting and Linux fundamentals
- Solid conceptual understanding of backend software development including system architecture, web serving infrastructure, API & database design
- Track record of working through technical obstacles and solving complex challenges with minimal guidance and experience helping other engineers to achieve the same
- Great interpersonal and communication skills and comfort working within a small team
- Familiarity with version control and agile software development methodologies
If this role speaks to you, but your previous experience doesn’t match the job description, please consider applying anyways! We’re looking for smart and capable software engineers and highly value the ability to grow in your role. You might be the perfect fit!