Orca’s mission is to become the leading provider of financial primitives on Solana. We see a future where a meaningful percentage of the world’s financial transactions is powered by CLAMMs and other Decentralized Finance (DeFi) products. We’re looking to hire another senior software engineer to accelerate our progress towards that vision.
As a team of senior contributors, we’re comfortable working around the stack but tend to be experts in a particular area. We’re looking for a like-minded generalist who can specialize in building out our backend services and infrastructure.
What you’ll do
- Design and build performant APIs that power Orca’s applications, on-chain analytics, and other projects within the Solana ecosystem.
- Create elegant abstractions that simplify trading and liquidity provision on Solana.
- Write and deploy smart contracts in Rust on the Solana blockchain, ensuring they’re well-tested and secure.
- Maintain tooling and best practices for testing, package management, and CI/CD.
- Contribute to an open-source culture and process.
What you’ll bring
- Proven track record: You’ve worked on performant services at scale, ideally in finance or adjacent industry.
- Balanced mindset: You’re comfortable working independently in an async environment, but also enjoy coming together to collaborate as a team. You’re passionate about certain technologies and patterns, but also recognize their trade-offs in different scenarios. You don’t see everything in absolutes, and identify the underlying dimensions to make decisions.
- Excellent communicator: You articulate your thoughts and ideas clearly—and pass the mic to empower others to be heard.
- Interest in DeFi: Whether you’re completely new to DeFi or an accomplished degen, you’re excited to create a more decentralized, equitable financial system.
- Experience or interest in open source: You’re ready to make Orca fully open source and decentralized.
What we offer
- Opportunity to learn and develop Solana DeFi.
- Competitive salary and ORCA token allocation.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Budget for a new computer or other work equipment.
- Reimbursement for working from an office or café.
- Option to work remotely or from our office in New York City.
- Paid subscriptions to GitHub Copilot, ChatGPT, or other tools that make you more productive.
- Node.js, TypeScript, and NGINX API servers.
- Redis with Streams, Time Series, and Lua scripting for real time analytics.
- Solana smart contracts written in Rust using Anchor.
- AWS CDK to provision Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Docker to develop in a stable environment.
- GitHub, Asana, Notion, Discord.
Submit an application using the form below, and include the following:
- CV or LinkedIn profile
- When you’d be able to start
- Short description of your background in DeFi and interest in Solana / Orca
- Code samples, example project, or portfolio of past work if available
- One interest / hobby you love to geek out about, so we can get to know you!