Note to applicants: our headquarters is located in Berlin, but Parity has teammates distributed across the EU and beyond. Remote working arrangements are common and possible; we’re happy to discuss this more during the recruiting process!
Every day we interact with technologies controlled by a handful of large companies whose interests and incentives often conflict with our own. If we want the benefits of using their proprietary apps, we’re forced to agree to terms that most of us will never read, granting these companies far-reaching control over our digital lives.
At the same time, progress in open-source and decentralized technologies like blockchain has shown that we can build systems that prioritize individual sovereignty over centralized control. With these new technologies, there’s no need to trust any third parties not to be or become evil.
Parity Technologies is a team of the world’s premiere blockchain developers building industry-leading technologies that enable developers to create this next wave of better products and services. You’ll join at a critical moment when the future of the decentralized web is being shaped, and perform an influential role in making a more equitable society our future.
We primarily steward the Substrate ecosystem, which includes Polkadot and Kusama, next-generation sharded, multichain networks. Our flagship product, Substrate is an open-source, modular and extensible blockchain-building framework that allows rapid innovation and fast deployment of custom built blockchains. Substrate provides the core building blocks of blockchains built for deployment to Polkadot and Kusama. Our key programming language is Rust, and all of our work is open source.
We are looking for an experienced Recruitee/TA Specialist with full-cycle recruiting experience, from sourcing and attracting candidates to interviewing and hiring great employees.
What does a Recruiter/TA Specialist do?
A successful Recruiter will collaborate with department managers on a regular basis and proactively identify future hiring needs. You should also be able to attract candidates using various sources, like social media networks and employee referrals. Ultimately, the responsibilities of the Recruiter are to ensure our company attracts, hires and retains the best employees, while growing a strong talent pipeline.
- Full life-cyle recruiting
- Recruitment will include all non tech roles within Parity
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications
- Collaborate with hiring managers to document job requirements and objectives
- Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job board/newspapers/colleges as required
- Source and recruit candidates by using LinkedIn Recruiter etc.
- Screen candidates resumes and job applications
- Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, experience and aptitude
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports as required and work with our Team Analyst
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Recruiter (either an in house or agency recruiter)
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured competency-based, stress, etc.)
- Hands on experience with various selection processes (video interviewing, phone, etc.)
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making skills