At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system – one that anyone can access and participate in, and that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, and trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world – to unlock the potential of assets and people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse and Societe Generale, and together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain and crypto technology.
We are looking for a Tax Manager to join our rapidly growing FinTech Company. The Tax Manager will manage and facilitate the accurate preparation and filing of our Company’s state, federal and international tax forms. The ideal candidate is a team player who creates and implements tax plans and works with the accounting and leadership teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk. The Tax Manager will ensure compliance with state, federal and international tax law through a series of controls that are designed to ensure accurate, timely reporting and by working with the Company’s external advisors. They will monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies. The ideal candidate is passionate about accuracy and timeliness and has a compliance mindset.
What you will do:
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review of company tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of international, federal, state and local income tax returns and other business related filings
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary international, federal and state taxes
- Manage external tax preparers/advisors as they prepare components of the company’s international, federal and state income tax return and other tax documents.
- Plan for and develop an overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with the tax preparers
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process
- Manage and facilitate IRS income tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to stakeholders and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation
- Provide support with various internal audits and special tax related projects
What you will need to have:
- 6+ years of experience in a tax manager or public accountant role
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, CPA license required
- Extensive corporate/partnership tax knowledge
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for partnerships and foreign corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvements.
- Strong ability to utilize project management and best practices to organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of external tax preparers.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Other than these qualifications, we’re hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can’t wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 150 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like PayPal, Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, StoneX and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why choose Paxos? Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. Our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like healthcare coverage, family leave, a $500 quarterly stipend for employee development and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and find a home at Paxos. Help us build a new, open financial system from our three offices or right from your home!