What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Tax Manager/Director to manage all corporate tax matters and build the tax infrastructure, process and controls to support Polygon Labs’s rapid growth. The ideal candidate has strong technical and analytical skills and demonstrated the ability to thrive in a dynamic, very fast-paced environment. It is essential that the candidate has strong communication, organization and project management skills and the ability to work well independently as well as with various business partners, key stakeholders, and external advisors. If you are looking for an opportunity to lead a Tax department this is your opportunity!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Coordinate with Finance and Legal teams for inter-company transactions tracking and assist with review of transfer pricing and intercompany transactions related calculations and reporting
- Manage and review US income tax, indirect tax and all foreign tax compliance prepared by internal Finance team and external tax/accounting advisers
- Manage local country tax operation process and support finance teams in review of statutory financials of foreign entities
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation and filing of all tax returns, including income tax, VAT/GST, and transfer pricing documentation
- Manage and support tax controls and processes
- Improve and maintain audit-ready work paper documentation
- Assist in continuous identification and development of efficient tax compliance and tax provision processes, including automation, developing and implementing procedural changes and/or processes
- Conduct internal tax audits and provide recommendations to enhance tax processes, controls, and efficiencies
- Coordinate with accounting to identify and document tax reporting requirements and report generation via Netsuite
- Play a key role engaging with cross functional and global groups within the company to understand the tax impact of business operations and ensure that tax needs are identified, communicated and provided
- Support global tax planning effort and global transfer pricing policy maintenance, as needed
- Support tax audit defense and notices as required
- Support other projects requested by management and leadership
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting; CPA is preferred
- 5+ years of international and corporate tax experience in public accounting and in-house experience preferred – Big 4 experience major plus
- Extensive experience of international tax matters
- Prior crypto experience is beneficial
- Prior experience in managing tax audits and inquiries is preferred
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of organizations;
- Must be detail-oriented and demonstrated taking full ownership of projects
- Strong project management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, able to research, synthesize, apply and explain complex tax matters
- Ability to explain complex tax concepts to non-tax business partners and stakeholders
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, work ethic, resourcefulness, and flexibility
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
Company matching 401k with 6% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
Internet or phone reimbursement
Generous & flexible PTO and country-specific holidays
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Employee Assistance Programs
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States Employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Polygon Labs is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.