The DAI Credit System is a smart contract platform on Ethereum that backs and stabilizes the value of the Dai stablecoin through a dynamic system of Collateralized Debt Positions (CDPs), autonomous feedback mechanisms, and appropriately incentivized external actors. It is a decentralized infrastructure without a central operator. It is one of the oldest Ethereum projects built by a very experienced technical team of blockchain developers.
The Maker Foundation is tasked with bootstrapping the system to ensure that it can survive as a fully decentralized organization. The Maker Foundation employs people to develop the strategies and manage the tasks required to build enough momentum so that the DAI Credit System can successfully thrive on its own. Per the Foundation Proposal, decentralization is a top priority and is ongoing.
Our purpose is to deliver financial inclusion to create a positive social and environmental impact – for everyone. To support this, our aim is that Dai is used in all traditional and blockchain based payments and financial transactions – by everyone.
We form our teams around availability of talent into co-located or distributed agile teams. In the Integrations team, you will work together with our integration engineers, technical account managers, business developers and external business partners to define, implement, and maintain technical partner integrations, as well as create and distribute the tools and materials supporting the technical integrations.
We have offices in Copenhagen, Warsaw, London, Buenos Aires, San Francisco, and New York, but it is also possible to work remotely in this position. The responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice. Infrequent travel is required.
As our Technical Account Manager in East Asia, your responsibilities will include systems integration assessment and technical account management. Primary emphasis would be technical account management:
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of the products and platforms that we’re offering
- Understand and apply business and technical focus partner integrations
- Draft and contribute to documentation, training & educational presentations for client integration engineers & Maker internal organization
- Work flexibly as part of an international team and organisation which often requires attending evening calls (so there is flexibility in managing your work hours!)
- Contribute to our Kanban board with continuous reprioritization
What you will be doing
- Act as the single point of technical contact for the partner
- Proactively engage with the partner’s technical team
- Understand and focus on the partner’s “big picture” needs: business + technical aspects of integrations
- Actively seek the best combination of business requirements & technical solution
- Engage with the partner to understand and explore future business needs or opportunities
- Communicate with the right internal technical teams and business development to find solutions
What you will need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Ability to understand Solidity smart contract code methodology
- Basic Git / GitHub knowledge
- An understanding of common financial products such as collateralized lending and securities
- Fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese
- By physically located in East Asia or Southeast Asia
Nice to haves
- Experience designing and implementing production grade systems
- Existing knowledge of the Maker protocol or experience building applications on top of it
- Python experience
- Familiar with cloud providers such as AWS
- JIRA experience
- Experience working in distributed agile teams and using online collaboration tools
- Ability to communicate in Korean or Japanese