We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Job Description – Technical Program Manager, Strategic Programs
Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager to join the Strategic Programs team within the Product Organization. You will be responsible for the execution and success of multiple programs that are critical to Coinbase’s product strategy.
What You’ll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Oversee large scale projects that are highly technical & cross functional in nature
- Ensure cross functional alignment of goals & execution of release schedules for product initiatives
- Be accountable for roadmap delivery including adoption and success criteria as defined by your stakeholders
- Collaborate with external & internal stakeholders (Data Science, Product, Compliance, Marketing, Customer Experience, Engineering etc) to gather business requirements and define objectives
- Manage requirements documentation, milestone mapping, prioritization, and communication to facilitate project collaboration & executive readouts
- Create thorough functional specs, project / release plans, and roadmaps
- Monitor program status and rapidly identify issues / risks. Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution
- Example programs you may project manage include: Launching Coinbase in a new market, working with Product to ship a new payment rail, digital asset, strategic initiative, or executing successful product content & Earn campaigns.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 4+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 3 – 7+ years of technical program management experience at a technology company and/or in a technical capacity.
- Enjoy solving hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into action plans
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders inorder to drive alignement
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions and make recommendations
- Prior experience working on global projects, or in an international setting
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders and priorities simultaneously
Nice to haves
- Certification in Program Management or Project Management.
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about cryptocurrency and blockchain.
- Experience with Payments, Financial Services, Regulatory or Compliance initiatives
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Looker, Tableau, SQL,