Bakkt is building an open, seamless global network to enable you to buy, sell, store and spend digital assets simply, safely and efficiently. Bakkt is designed to enable consumers, merchants and institutions to seamlessly buy, sell, store, send and receive digital assets. Formed with the purpose of bringing trust, efficiency and commerce to digital assets, Bakkt seeks to develop open technology to connect existing market and merchant infrastructure to the blockchain.
As a Technical Project Manager at Bakkt you will directly impact the emerging cryptocurrency, digital asset and blockchain ecosystem. You will leverage your technical background to organize, prioritize and move forward tasks for complex, multi-team, cloud-based products. You will be responsible for coordinating and deconflicting tasks, building consensus between stakeholders, challenging technical requirements and helping the Bakkt Cloud Team scale operations. This will require working across numerous product engineering teams, security teams and business teams. You will be required to span the strategic and the tactical with a focus on driving execution.
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Have extreme attention to detail without sacrificing execution rigor.
- Be grounded in the technical fundamentals of cloud, on-premises infrastructure, networking and security.
- Bias towards action and owning tasks end-to-end.
- Work through friction and tactfully navigate the organization driving towards the objective.
- Be thoughtful and analytical – ask why and challenge preconceived notions.
- Participate in the design and coordination of hybrid cloud infrastructure projects with a focus on balancing security controls and business requirements.
- Be a doer that can get things done, unblock tasks and make build deep organizational relationships along the way.
- Partner directly with internal and external development and security teams to understand requirements, map them to solutions, balance timelines and resource allocation.
- Have a combination of project management, process optimization and execution skills.
- Own the team’s problems like they are your own.
- Very strong background project management related to the deployment of cloud-based products in regulated industries (i.e. financial services, healthcare, DoD/IC, etc.) or top tier software companies.
- Experience as an SRO, solutions architect, systems engineer, technical project manager, product owner, systems administrator or similar is required.
- This is a technical role that requires an understanding of systems but focused on technical project management.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure is required.
- Experience partnering with development teams in Agile environments. Knowledge of other project management methodologies.
- Exceptional writing skills with experience delivering support documents, internal wiki articles or similar.
- Comfortable with Git, Jira, Visio and similar tools.
- Experience working directly with enterprise-level security teams preferred.
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law.