Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let’s build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
About The Role
Pagoda’s Talent Acquisition team is looking for a creative and strategic Technical Talent Sourcer to focus on finding the world’s best technical talent and building reactive and proactive talent pipelines for our engineering and product teams. You will play an integral role in identifying and engaging passive talent and delivering market-based insights to our hiring leaders.
The successful candidate will be engaged via a temporary contract with an estimated duration of up to six months, with a possibility of an extension depending on work volume. **Temporary contractors will not receive full time benefits stated below.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Strategically partner with hiring managers and Technical recruiters across the business to develop customized sourcing strategies for technical job requisitions.
- Provide informed guidance and recommendations to hiring managers and Technical recruiters on all aspects of sourcing, eg. market insights, sourcing options and candidate
- management in order to attract the best inclusive and diverse talent.
- Own sourcing and talent acquisition strategies from end to end, that deliver high quality candidates into the recruiting pipelines across multiple job requisitions.
- Craft thoughtful approaches to candidate outreach that will engage even the most passive talent with the use of complex sourcing techniques and open-source communities.
- Develop messaging copy and content that converts cold candidates into prospects.
- Act as the primary touchpoint for candidates from initial outreach until the onsite interview stage, ensuring an exceptional candidate experience throughout.
- Conduct effective candidate pre-screens to assess the candidates suitability and communicate their suitability via written form to recruiters and hiring managers.
- Utilize non-traditional and creative strategies to discover underrepresented talent.
- Contribute to inbound recruiting strategies and our employer branding.
- Take a highly organized and data driven approach to candidate tracking and funnel metrics
- Use Data & Market intelligence to influence the overall sourcing / hiring strategy.
- Develop proactive talent pools of top software talent to reduce time to hire across the organization for new job requisitions and backfills.
What We’re Looking For
- Deep knowledge and experience sourcing for niche and hard to fill roles across technical job requisitions such as staff software engineers, low level engineers, SRE’s, data engineers, etc.
- Experience sourcing global technical talent within software engineering, ideally with blockchain and/or distributed systems experience.
- Your sourcing skills and experience go beyond LinkedIn search and filters, encompassing at an advanced level various techniques and platforms.
- Experience utilizing Boolean search strings across multiple channels and passionate about creative sourcing and out of the box thinking.
- Ability to identify and engage top talent and differentiate talent levels
- Function in a fast-paced/agile environment and shift focus quickly while working autonomously in a remote working environment.
- Passion for diversity and inclusion, you enjoy making long-lasting connections with underrepresented groups
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Data-driven, results oriented, and self-motivation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field is a must
We’d Love If You Have
- Web3/Blockchain recruiting experience
- Experience with Greenhouse.
- Experience using outreach tools such as SourceWhale or Gem.
- Experience sourcing underrepresented talent.
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (60 minutes)
- Technical Interview with a Technical Recruiter (60 mins)
- Running an Intake Meeting with a Hiring Manager (30 mins)
- Take Home Assignment (45 mins)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Ideal Location For This Role
This is a fully remote role, so that your timezone matches or overlaps with our leadership for this role, you’ll ideally be located in North America or Europe.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible Annual Leave / PTO with an encouraged 20 day per year minimum
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Wellness Week: the first week of July
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement
- Company Retreats (2022 was in Lisbon!) & Team Offsites
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by Pagoda
**Temporary short term contractors do not receive the above benefits
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action. Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.