BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
This is a fully remote role affiliated with our team based in Europe.
About the Role:
Technical writers at BlockFi strive to make the development experience better for our team of global engineers by providing excellent documentation in the form of API docs, release notes, run-books, guides, and tutorials, as well as updating and editing existing content or content provided by other authors.
A BlockFi technical writer is responsible for consulting with internal clients throughout their development journey to create, maintain, and curate BlockFi documentation. An ideal candidate possesses both excellent written and verbal communication skills, has a keen eye for detail, and has some experience with OpenAPI.
At BlockFi, technical writers are part of the Product department. The Product department’s number one objective is to reliably deliver products that meet the needs of the business and our clients. That primary objective of product delivery is supported by documentation.
- Review and edit internal documentation written by engineers and other technical writers.
- Write new content including guides, runbooks, how-tos, overviews, changelogs, and more.
- Become a product SME by working closely with development teams.
- Collaborate with developers to produce well-documented projects.
- Work with OpenAPI spec.
- Help developers who have documentation related questions.
- Enhance and maintain the internal documentation site.
- Contribute to the overall documentation efforts of the company.
- Mentor new technical writers.
- You are passionate about documentation.
- You have experience with Git, Linux or Mac development tools, and OpenAPI.
- You have a keen eye for detail.
- You have experience writing or editing documentation about software.
- You understand what makes good software documentation.
- You have experience working with software development teams.
- You enjoy working independently and are highly organized.
- You thrive in a remote work environment with globally distributed co-workers.
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment