Tendermint is building state-of-the-art consensus and networking protocols to enable internet-scale distributed applications. We’re passionate, self-driven, industry leaders whose mission is to build a better, freer internet. We’re also building the Cosmos Network, a decentralized network of independent parallel blockchains, each powered by classical BFT consensus algorithms like Tendermint Core. We believe the technology we’re building will have a major impact on human beings around the world. We’re well funded and growing quickly.
How we work:
Our teams leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Most of us work out of our offices in San Francisco, Berkeley, Toronto, and Berlin, but some of our employees work remotely. Communication is important to us and we rely heavily on Slack, Zoom, and GitHub to help us stay in sync. Everything we build is open source and available on GitHub.
This is a full time position and can be located in either of our offices, or 100% remote.
What you will be doing:
- Organise and write documentation, how-to manuals and tutorials for products like the Cosmos SDK and Tendermint Core
- Work with users to determine needs for documentation improvements
- Revise documents as new issues arise
- Write technical blog posts about products and key pieces of the Cosmos/Tendermint stack
We’re looking for someone who has:
- The ability to read Golang
- A solid understanding of programming fundamentals
- Exceptional writing skills
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals
- The ability to take ownership and see initiatives through
- Experience working with distributed teams
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of blockchain technology, including fault-tolerant consensus protocols, incentivization schemes, public key cryptography, data structures.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of the Internet
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits like educational budget, fitness and wellbeing spend
- At least 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Competitive salary package, including equity