Pagoda is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrow’s Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What You’ll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO.
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2021’s was in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by us
About The Role:
Are you a strong writer who loves to share what you know with the world? Do you enjoy building prototypes and proofs of concept while you learn about a technical topic? Have you published your work online as video, audio or text tutorials and workshops to wide acclaim?
As a key member of the Developer Relations team at Pagoda, you will be working as a knowledge bridge between our internal teams and the rest of the world. You share the key responsibilities of growing our community of developers and entrepreneurs as well as enabling their success as they use the platform to build DApps of their own.
This role is a good fit if you are a disciplined and shameless content factory, are genuinely curious and driven to learn and share what you learn about DApp development using NEAR and compulsively share your work online via social media channels.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Plans, directs, and coordinates preparation of project documentation, such as engineering drawings, production specifications and schedules
- Determines documentation required for each phase of a project, applying knowledge of engineering processes.
- Schedules due dates for drawings, specifications, software, technical manuals, and other documents.
- Monitors status of project to ensure documentation is submitted according to schedule.
- Reviews and verifies project documents for completeness, format, and compliance with requirements.
- Submits project documentation to management for approval, and transmits approved documents to customers.
- Confers with engineers, managers, the community, and others to discuss projects, prepare documents, or modify schedules
- Active and engaged learners who consume your content
- Student “time to ship” from first touch to a working, meaningful DApp
What We’re Looking For:
- Significant experience designing, developing and publishing learning content online
- Some familiarity with blockchain and its ecosystem is helpful
- Well versed in technical topics, especially web based software development
- Experience working with open-source projects and their documentation
- Knowledge of open-source documentation tools such as Markdown, Git, Docusaurus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Computer Science, or related field is a must
We’d Love If You Have
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-60 minutes)
- Technical & Leadership Interviews (4 x 60 minutes)
- Culture & Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Location: Anywhere in the world
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action.Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.