Pagoda is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrow’s Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What You’ll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2022 in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by us
About The Role:
We are building the team rapidly across the globe. We also support the developers and entrepreneurs of the NEAR ecosystem along their respective journeys as much as we can. Our goal is to create an inclusive ecosystem where its members grow, learn and collaborate together rather than operate in silos.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. NEAR is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
The best candidates will have already worked in an early stage startup in an HR/People Operations role.
The role grows with the team — you will be able to take on as much as you can handle and more. We believe in finding the right fit for your interests and skills.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Rhythm of the business expert
- For example: Performance Review Cycle Management
- Consistent leveling and review of employee infrastructure
- Benefits and perks/Open Enrollment (U.S. and international)
- Compensation and Total Rewards
- Bi-annual compensation reviews & market recommendations
- Career Mobility Programs, Employee Mobility (transfers, promotions)
- Close partnerships with Finance and CFO
- HR Systems and Tools
- People process identification and streamlining
- Help us scale as we grow
What We’re Looking For:
- Ideally ~5 years of Human Resources / People Operations experience, preferably at a high-growth tech company / start-up
- Experience building and maintaining a world class Total Rewards programs
- Performance review cycle management experience
- Comfortable with working with Senior Leadership and presenting from time to time
- High emotional and social intelligence with experience fostering positive, strong relationships with diverse groups of people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate a high level of professionalism
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; you can handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat
- Passionate about people and how they function together to create a valuable organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field is a must
We’d Love If You Have:
- Web3 experience
- Have built a Total Rewards system in the past
- U.S. and International support experience
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-60 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (3 x 45-60 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Ideal Location For This Role
This is a fully remote role, so that your timezone matches or overlaps with our leadership for this role, you’ll ideally be located in anywhere in the US.
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action. Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.