Do you enjoy increasing click-through rates and crafting high-converting copy for landing pages, ads, and email? Are you part researcher, creative, organizer, and storyteller? Do you get fired up about turning more eyeballs into revenue through a laser-sharp focus on user experience? If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Tuff is a 32-person growth marketing agency that partners closely with startups and scale-ups to help them increase revenue and sales. We specialize in tactics like Google Ads, technical SEO, content strategy, Facebook Ads, TikTok Ads, YouTube, email, and CRO. Our bread and butter is building efficient, holistic marketing strategies that translate to revenue straight into our partners’ pockets.
We’re now looking for a second UX Copywriter to join the Tuff team. In this position, you’ll be responsible for working closely with Tuff’s in-house creative team as well as growth marketers to develop high-performing copy for multiple digital channels.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Dig deep into the market, audience, and competitors to understand and develop value props for multiple clients
- Write high-converting copy for landing pages, emails, and ads
- Make sure the copy is complete and clear (taking into account narrative, brand voice, structure, flow and clarity)
- Work directly with our creative strategists to develop ad copy and ensure value props and points of differentiation are clearly reflected in creative
- Collaborate closely with our CRO lead and web designers to ensure the messaging integrity stays intact across all marketing touchpoints
- Work directly with our growth marketers to develop email and landing page copy
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- Shadow Kelly on five existing Tuff clients to learn more about Tuff’s copywriting process
- Assist in developing copy for 5+ different clients
- Complete SEO, Facebook, and Google courses with the Tuff team to learn our process for each channel.
- Work with Kelly, Adam, Elle, and Janie to understand how we approach ad copy and strategy across different marketing platforms, in particular onboarding a new client account, as well as ongoing client accounts.
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Manage and own multiple copy projects with different clients at once
- Write high-impact copy for ads, landing pages, email, and websites (not blog posts)
- Guide clients through value prop development/refinement
- Collaborate with our ad and CRO teams to create high-converting, and on brand, creative using the copy
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Manage the UX copywriting for six or seven clients, meeting with them bi-weekly with the growth marketer on the account.
- Make process improvements to Tuff’s UX Copywriting process
- Meet bi-weekly with the creative team at Tuff to develop specific strategies for each of your clients.
- Meet weekly with the UX team to collaborate and refine messaging and design.
Things can change quickly at Tuff. This breakdown isn’t prescriptive but intended to give you a better sense of the role.
- You have 3-5 years of digital copywriting experience
- You’re a skilled writer with experience in crafting client copy
- You can deliver top-notch, high-converting copy for ads, landing pages, and email
- You can adopt the right tone and style for different audiences and objectives
- You’re all about the numbers, familiar with Google Analytics and digital platforms, and analyze data to drive more conversions
🏡 Fully remote – work from anywhere you want
💻 A company laptop with software you need to do your best work
🩺 Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
📈 401(k) with matching
🌎 Unlimited PTO policy – and we encourage you to take it!
👪 Parental Leave – 100% paid 12 weeks
🖥 Home office or co-working space stipend
🌐 $125/month internet reimbursement
🌱 Continuing training stipend of $1,500 annually
☯ Wellness day every quarter
🏖 Annual team retreats!
The starting salary range for this role is $80,000 – 88,000 (we use a compensation formula that adjusts for experience).