Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with Consensys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. Consensys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
What you’ll do
As the Vice President of Technology Operations, you will play a pivotal role in driving the technical excellence and operational efficiency at Consensys. You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of technology infrastructure, provisioning of hardware and software, and production support – ensuring seamless integration and delivery to the business. Your strategic vision and technical expertise will be instrumental in scaling our operations, optimizing processes, and ensuring a robust and secure technology ecosystem. This role reports directly to the COO.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- Lead the development of the mission, vision, and strategy for the technology operations team.
- Provide leadership to the team, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Set and execute the technical roadmap, aligning it with the company’s overall business strategy.
- Oversee all aspects of software implementation, licensing, and management for the company.
- Provision all hardware and software for employees, ensuring each employee is enabled and equipped to do their jobs well – with the right technology.
- Oversee and assist your team with the effective management of the TechOps HelpDesk (ZenDesk).
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in web3 technologies and evaluate their potential application in our business.
- Experience with AI would be highly beneficial.
- Experience in leveraging technology to drive innovation, improve operational efficiency, and create a competitive advantage.
- Manage our cloud infrastructure and services.
- Develop, manage, and oversee all policies and processes related to the function.
Security and Compliance:
- Take a proactive approach to cybersecurity in collaboration with our security operations team, ensuring robust measures are in place to protect our systems and data.
- Collaborate with the legal and compliance team to ensure adherence to relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Have a solid working understanding of regulatory requirements globally (we operate in over 45 countries worldwide) that may pertain to software and hardware.
- Develop our information management policy, and conduct periodic reviews of all software to ensure it’s the best solution for our needs.
Team Leadership and Management:
- Proven leadership and extensive people management experience, including the ability to lead and inspire your team.
- Experience in strategic planning, resource allocation, and budget management.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams and executive leadership.
- Nurture and lead a high-performing technology operations team, attracting top talent, fostering growth, and promoting a culture of excellence.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide mentoring and professional development opportunities for team members.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product management, engineering, and executive leadership, to align technology operations with the overall company objectives.
- Provide regular updates to the executive team and stakeholders on technology-related initiatives, progress, and challenges.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Consensys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consensys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills.