Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky – supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
Paxos is looking for a high-performing VP of Brand and Comms to lead our global reputation, external/internal engagement and thought leadership with press, policymakers and other external stakeholders. We are engaging with national and global leaders on multiple topics relating to the future of finance, the digital economy, capital markets, blockchain and cryptocurrencies, so we are looking for a proven leader who can help represent our vision and perspective in these areas on the world stage. Ideal candidates have a successful track record working in fast-pace, high-growth arenas, supporting a visionary founder and serving as a spokesperson.
As a VP of Brand and Comms, you’ll get to:
- Manage the reputation of the Paxos brand, lead all external communications and affairs, contribute to internal communications needs.
- In concert with the VP of Marketing, manage and protect the overall brand at Paxos, ensuring that the brand is always associated with trust and maintains a sterling reputation.
- Oversee all executive engagement with press, speaking opportunities, appearances, etc.; manage the spokesperson bench and serve as a spokesperson.
- Contribute to board and investor communications. Work with the HR team on effective internal communications such as team meetings and company-wide emails. Develop this function as the team grows.
- Oversee the development of content that is Paxos-published and contributed to other publications relating to high-level thought leadership and influential in the relevant subject matters (fintech, policy, blockchain/crypto, etc.).
- Work closely with senior executives to ensure that the Communications & Policy function is aligned with the overall business strategy and goals.
Your experience should include:
- 15+ years of experience in communications and policy
- Expertise in fintech and an aptitude for understanding and explaining complex solutions, strategies and related policy issues
- The ability to work with cross-functional executives in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to learn new concepts quickly and communicate them clearly
- An approach that includes strategic thinking as well as excellent execution
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!