BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
About the Team and Role
The Vice President of Communications is responsible for developing and executing the communication strategy for BlockFi as we continue to lead in the dynamic cryptocurrency ecosystem. Reporting to the SVP of Marketing, this senior leader will interact with the entire Executive leadership team to evolve a strong and differentiated narrative and increase share of voice across both our Retail and Institutional audiences across the globe.
He or she will build a team of high-performing professionals who will be responsible for public relations, executive communication, internal communication, thought leadership, and crisis communication. We are seeking a seasoned yet nimble people leader with proven ability to execute, build scalable processes and systems within high-growth organizations.
The ideal candidate will have the following experiences and abilities:
- 15+ years leadership in public relations and external communications, preferably in financial services, financial technology and cryptocurrency industries including IPO and/or public markets experience
- 10+ years of significant, successful managerial experience, including greenfielding new teams
- Strong media relationships with key trade, financial, and business journalists across the US, EMEA, and APAC
- Experience building strong internal communications functions that partner seamlessly with People Ops and Executive stakeholders to build culture and cohesion across a globally distributed team
- Ability to deliver proactive narratives while also managing issues across go-to-market planning and competitive positioning for an expanding suite of world class financial products and services
- A proven background in driving measurable public relations results in support of business goals, global brand and widely-recognized executives
- Exceptional leadership skills with an ability to set a positive tone and effectively manage, inspire and develop a world-class team
- Bias towards action and the ability to develop team culture in line with BlockFi’s values
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment with diverse priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at the executive level
- Enthusiastic about cryptocurrency markets and ecosystem
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company’s valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand