Founded in 2018, with employees across the world, The Block is the leading research, analysis, and news brand in the digital asset space. The Block’s team is spread across 5 continents and 15+ time zones, covering the global cryptocurrency space 24/7.
At The Block, we see digital assets as a ubiquitous part of the future. As this space continues to evolve, we view our role as the trusted moderator and authoritative voice for those who invest in, work with, make decisions about, or seek to understand digital assets.
The Block is seeking a weekend reporter/editor to help cover the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry, as well as the movers and shakers who are working on the bleeding edge of financial technology.
Your role would be to ensure we have coverage of breaking news across the weekend. The role will involve a mix of working alongside other reporters and editors, as well as solo working with the ability and responsibility of self-publishing.
- Report on and cover the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry.
- Collect, verify and analyze newsworthy information
- Write and deliver news stories with our reader’s perspective in mind
- Edit stories written by other journalists over the weekend
- Contact, interview and research sources
- Partner with other reporters and editors to provide best in class content coverage
- Stay up-to-date with the latest current events in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry
- Located in Europe or on the east coast in the United States
- Prior writing and reporting experience in crypto / digital assets
- Experience with cryptocurrency and blockchain is recommended
- An ability to juggle multiple stories and deadlines
- A track record of interviewing and interacting with primary sources
- Passion for technology, with a dash of skepticism where warranted
- Social-media savvy
- English-language writing experience
Who We Are: The culture of The Block lies in our key behaviors. It’s who we are and it’s how we show up everyday.
We are confidently humble. We jump in and roll up our sleeves. We know there’s always more to learn and we operate without egos.
We are actionably curious. We strive to be an expert in our field and always seek opportunities to expand our knowledge and skill set. We put our learnings into practice every day.
We practice tenacious ownership. Every day when we show up we are contributors, teammates, and owners. We rotate through those three hats with agility and without sacrificing accountability or consistency.
We practice respectful partnership. We treat others as we’d expect to be treated – with respect, concern, understanding, and patience.
Why You Should Work Here:
We take care of our employees and we have the benefits and perks to support it. Our full-time, US based employees are eligible for Unlimited PTO, remote first environment, high health plan employer contributions, generous parental leave policy, fitness partnerships, fertility benefits, One Medical membership and citibike membership.
We’re a remote first company which allows us to hire the best person for the job regardless of location.
Impactful work. Regardless of your role at The Block you’re making a meaningful contribution to our mission in accelerating the evolution of financial systems through independent reporting and technical research of all projects influencing the future of financial services.
What Else Should You Know?
The Block is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
During our application process we collect completely anonymous diversity information. Providing this information is voluntary but we want you to know what we do with it. We use the data to ensure that our recruiting practices are bringing diverse talent to the organization and we are reacting where we are coming up short. We strive to use the data to ensure we have the tools and resources for all employees both during the interview process and should those employees choose to join us at The Block.