We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As Director, Creative in Coinbase’s Creative Studio, you are at the forefront of the most dynamic space in creative marketing. The team operates at the intersection of crypto, web3, art, culture, community, technology, and finance. Reporting to the Senior Director, Creative, your remit is to embrace every opportunity to define, refine, reinvent, and introduce the Coinbase brand and our products to the world. You’ll be at the center of the action, both solving specific briefs and delivering proactive ideas – in both cases you’ll be hands-on with the work, prototyping your thinking in a work culture that embraces ideas and creativity over decks and consensus.
You’ll partner with creatives, strategists, creative producers, marketers, and operations leads to develop and deliver industry-leading creative. You’ll be working with our roster of global agencies and production companies, as well as with a growing team of internal creatives to solve complex briefs and deliver beautifully crafted, timely work that breaks the rules of branding.
You will collaborate deeply with cross-functional peers in Marketing, Product, Design, and Business Development to bring our brand and products to life around the world. Your work will help artfully articulate the vision for the future crypto economy, and thoughtfully show how our products are differentiated from the competition. To do all of this well you’ll be teacher and student simultaneously, learning the evolving nuances of web3 and crypto, educating people on the principles of the technologies the community is building, and connecting our vision for increased economic freedom to the everyday lives of people all over the world.
Above all, you will lead by example by making the most of every opportunity to develop breakthrough creative, and to contribute your creative skills to the establishment of a new global industry.
What you’ll be doing
- Help build a world-class internal creative capability in collaboration with creative production, creative strategy, and creative marketing partners.
- Partner deeply with cross-functional peers to build long-term creative collaborations that grow the business and break the rules of branding.
- Lead creative partnerships of all kinds (agencies, production companies, internal creative teams) to breakthrough work.
- Steward the development and implementation of our global brand standards and toolkits. Enable partner agencies to efficiently develop on-brand work for global launches, events, social, growth, and motion design disciplines.
- Mentor developing talent, set a high bar for creative excellence, contribute to a creative culture that people want to join.
- Jump on every opportunity to refine, evolve, and grow the brand.
What we look for
- 8+ years experience in high functioning, creatively excellent brand teams, ideally both in-house at a tech brand, and agency-side working on top tier brands.
- Awards, accolades, and a portfolio full of visionary work, along with a humble approach to doing the work that balances the accolades.
- A strategic point of view matched with proven hands-on creative craft.