Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our ‘remote first’ culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you’re invited to join the revolution!
Our People team is called the Krakenite Experience (KX) team, and we aim to become a world leader in People Experience. We are now hiring a Director, Global Compensation to join our diverse and forward thinking global company. This skilled and experienced Compensation professional will add value to Kraken by ensuring that our programs align with our Total Reward philosophy, are market competitive, and ensure that the Krakenite Experience is world class from their first days as a Krakenite all the way through their entire Kraken lifecycle.
This is a great opportunity for a Compensation professional who has already thrived in creating the best‐in‐class people experiences in high‐growth organizations and who wants to get involved in an industry that is changing the world!
- Partner with the Global Head of Total Rewards to drive the vision and long-term compensation roadmap on the development of compensation strategies, programs, policies, and processes
- Act as a strategic business partner to senior leaders and partner with cross functional partners to ensure all compensation programs are aligned with business goals, properly accounted, and forecasted for to support talent acquisition, retention, and career development
- Create, analyze, develop, implement, and administer global compensation program(s) taking into consideration the overall business strategy and internal philosophies. This includes the creation of communications, resources, processes, and tools associated with the program(s)
- Devise creative solutions and approaches to compensation that enables Kraken to meet the demands of a competitive marketplace
- Stay current on legal and regulatory trends and requirements in Compensation globally, analyzing impact to Kraken and assist the greater HR team in proactively developing and implementing actions to mitigate the organization’s risk and ensure compliance
- Lead M&A due diligence, resource planning and integration activities for the compensation function
- Prepare compensation documents, presentations, and communications for audiences at all levels including the Compensation Committee and Board of Directors
- Manage and deepen partnerships with key vendors and external partners that will enrich our thinking and programs with industry insights and ensure that our programs remain competitive
- Minimum 10+ years of progressive Compensation experience; both domestically and internationally
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification a plus
- Efficiently manage current programs, challenge the status quo, and champion new initiatives
- A consummate team player who builds highly effective professional relationships and can effectively work with and communicate across multiple levels of the organization
- Results oriented with strong operations skillset
- Sound knowledge of the Regulatory and Legislative imperatives and impacts related to compensation programs (FLSA, Equal Pay etc.)
- Experience in both a start-up and a large global company, ideally in Tech, Finance
- Experience working remotely a plus
- A passion for and knowledge of cryptocurrency is a huge plus
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.