Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 37,000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, 140M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
We are looking for an Industry Marketing Lead to join our marketing team who will oversee our strategic presence within the industry in support of our global product, sales and marketing goals. As Polygon continues to grow, how we support the industry and whom we partner with is vital. Whether it’s through key events or partnerships with brands and associations, continuously evolving our strategy and supporting partner programs is crucial to the business. You will be responsible for managing our extensive thought leadership program, placing Polygon executives on various industry stages around the globe. In addition, you will help evaluate, identify and negotiate sponsorships, manage industry awards submissions, and operate as the key industry liaison across a wide variety of Polygon teams.
The successful candidate will have 10-15 years of industry marketing experience, with a demonstrated knowledge of relevant business events, partners, and their disciplines (e.g., web3, crypto, IAB, MMA, etc.). Experience developing and producing successful programs through strategic positioning and messaging is crucial.
- THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
- Work closely with Polygon executives to place them across global industry stages
- Develop and prioritize a thought leadership strategy that supports internal stakeholders
- Work closely with stakeholders on topic development and align with our strategy and marketing teams to ensure we are telling a consistent story that supports the Polygon brand and related messaging
SPONSORSHIPS & PARTNERSHIPS
- Work in partnership with event marketing peers to ideate, negotiate and execute large-scale sponsorships at key industry events
- Vet and identify new sponsorships and brand partnerships for validity and relevance within the industry
- Lead sponsorship and execution for smaller industry related events/activations
INDUSTRY MARKETING LIAISON
- Primary liaison between industry associations and partners and Polygon
- Internal POC for all industry relationships, particularly those executives who participate on boards and/or various committees
- Key internal expert who always has their finger on the pulse of what is happening in the industry and shares that across the business
- Collaborates with event marketing and PR partners on major industry events to ensure we ideate and negotiate as one cohesive team
- Identify relevant award opportunities to celebrate great work with the industry
- Prioritize relevant award programs that drive the most exposure (externally) and reward (internally)
- Submit completed entries after working internally to curate all requisite assets
- Share and scale assets, maximize efficiencies and cultivate new ideas that benefit programs globally
- Foster feedback loop with cross-functional teams to continually measure program effectiveness
- Deeply understand partners’ goals, building solutions to capture and provide KPIs
- Contribute to and set team-level goals and functional strategy
- Leverage external data and insights to inform strategy
- Ability to travel frequently
- 10-15 years of industry marketing experience, preferably in the web3, crypto, developer landscape, with experience in culturally-relevant mainstream advertising, association, marketing technology, and media
- Proven experience developing strategic plans in support of industry programs, such as events, speakerships, sponsorships, strategic partnerships, etc.
- Understanding of the web3 industry, key associations and partners
- Highly organized, self-motivated, solution-oriented and able to think creatively and quickly with a strategic lens
- Ability to work across various levels of the organization while building trust and fostering collaboration
- Exceptional project management experience
- Proven negotiation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, with tight deadlines and multiple stakeholders
- A desire to learn and stay on top of emerging technologies and trends, consistently enhance programs, and bring new ideas to the table
- Excellent eye for detail
Work from anywhere (Remote first)
Flexible working hours
Flexible vacation policy
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.