Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About People & Talent
People and Talent support the entire ConsenSys community. We strive to be the destination employer of choice for our ecosystem. That goal is embedded in all the work we do to attract, retain and support our amazing talent. By joining our team you’ll be working with a diverse group of incredible individuals who put ‘people first’ and are designing and building the workplace of the future.
What you’ll do
- Manage the US and Canada Payroll.
- Process payroll accurately, timely, and consistent with the Organization’s payroll calendar and in accordance with applicable Federal, State, Local laws.
- Oversee and review payroll payments and account reconciliations.
- Ensure records and processes comply with company and legal regulations.
- Coordinate with HR and accounting to verify employee data and accounts.
- Preferred experience with Form 940, 941, 945 etc as well as I9, W-4, W-4P, W9, 8850 W-3, W-2 etc
- Process Company and employee tax filings: 941 filings, FUTA and SUTA, W-2 issuances, as applicable.
- Run all necessary reports as needed for each pay period; run reports monthly and quarterly for Payroll, Finance and HR that include, but are not limited to, payroll registers, GL summaries and journal entries, employee earning reports, 401k reports and any audit related needs.
- Manage Equity tax calculation
- Assist with oversight of 401k plan and serve as main point of contact for annual audit.
- Maintain accurate account balances and detailed records for auditing.
- Assist with any worker’s compensation audits and invoice reconciliations.
- Communicate within the organization and coordinate timely responses to employee-specific payroll questions.
- Work with the Finance team to prepare and post payroll journal entries, research direct deposit bounce backs and research bank entries.
- Experience on implementing new Payroll Systems
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- 5 years of experience in processing and managing payroll required
- Strong knowledge of State and Federal Tax Regs
- Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, regulations, and fringe benefit taxation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbal and written, throughout all levels of the Organization.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills.